The department deals with the study of pathogenesis, diagnosis and treatment of mental and behavioural disorders. The diseases that a psychiatrist commonly deals with are schizophrenia, depression, several types of anxiety disorders, OCD and can be as varied as dementia, disorders of sexual function, or childhood disorders such as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
The OPD functions between 9:00 A.M TO 5:00 P.M
- Treatment of various disorders such as depression, anxiety, schizophrenia and substance abuse.
- Drug detoxification
- Personality assessment
Outpatient Management Is Provided With Following Facilities
- Check up and treatment of all psychiatric diseases
- Pharmacological treatment
- Separate rooms for psychological assessment and intervention, occupational therapy etc
- Other Biological managements
- Psychotherapeutic management
- Biofeedback techniques
- Psychological Testing
- Paramedical mental health service providers viz. Clinical Psychologist & Psychiatric social worker