About the Course
The full form of GNM is General Nursing and Midwifery which is mainly a diploma course with course duration of 3 and half years. The basic course is of 3 years along with a 6 months internship to get the professional training, hand on experience and real work life exposure. This course is a branch of nursing that provides the essential knowledge and skill related to patient care and treating patients clinically.
What are the eligibility criteria?
- The candidate must have passed class 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks secured in subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics. The candidate must have English as compulsory subject.
- The candidate must qualify in GNM Nursing Entrance Exam in the current enrollment year.
Is there any age limit?
- The minimum age limit of the applicant must be 17 years and maximum 27 years as on 1st January 2020.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India and a permanent resident of District of West Bengal, from where the candidate wants to apply. (It means, if your permanent resident district is Hooghly, then you can only apply for Hooghly District).
What is the selection process?
- Candidates will be selected for the admission to the General Nursing & Midwifery (GNM) course on the basis of their marks obtained in Higher Secondary Examination & through entrance examination to be held in the month of June.
- Selection will be made strictly on the basis of the total marks obtained in the compulsory subjects (One language subject + English and other best of three subjects except Environmental Science) in the Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination. Vocational stream students are not eligible.